We Are Three



Remember that one time I decided to start a blog? Yeah, that didn't last long. But here I am again with thoughts and emotions swirling around in my head as my baby girl is napping in her big girl bed. I'm hoping this blog is a creative outlet for me as well as share some uplifting and honest thoughts about motherhood. Here goes nothing. Again.

Today, our sweet daughter is 17 months old. Where the time has gone is beyond me! In our 17 months of time getting to know her, we have had our fair share of ups and downs. Every day is a chance to grow in love and patience. As hard as I try, there are still days when I know I fall short of the expectations I have for myself as a mother and a wife. Bear with me as I walk you through this journey we are on.

One of the most common questions I'm asked as a mom is when we'll be planning on having another baby. Admittedly, this is often from well-meaning loved ones. My first response is to laugh and say, "Spend a day with this one and you tell me." This is always good for a little chuckle and a light hearted way of saying, "We aren't ready yet." Honestly I don't know when we will be, but I don't feel like we need to rush into another chapter of life when we are enjoying ourselves in this one. We have an active toddler who is very demanding of time and attention so I'm not sure how we'd handle another child logistically, but more importantly, emotionally.

Sometimes I get brave and honest and tell people how I really feel. Their answer is always something like "You'll never be ready" or "You never know what you're capable of; you just make it work." That's not how I function. As I come into my late twenties, I've learned a lot about myself. There are days I am literally at wit's end and it takes everything in me not to lose my mind. On those days, I take life moment to moment and focus on survival mode. My family deserves more than survivalist Erinn; they deserve an Erinn who is thriving and can be the best wife and mother I can be. So I'm working on that. Day by day; moment by moment. Life is about choices. Today, I choose joy.

This season of life is hard, but with God on my side and a strong support system, we will keep pressing on.

But for now, we are three.

Comments

  1. Erinn, Take heart. Because the two of you have God as your Father, you and Kevin are going to be and are, great parents. It is not going to be easy, but then, nothing worth doing ever is. Children are the greatest gift that God will give. They are also the most trying. The love between a parent and child, especially a mother and child, is indescribable. Too intense for words. It can be difficult at times. I would say to you, even in the most trying of times, to drink it all in and appreciate it, love it, because a time is coming when you will long for these days. Raising children is the most difficult task we perform, BUT, aside from the love of the Father, it is also the GREATEST source of LOVE on this earth. You and Kevin are a team. You lean on one another, you laugh with one another and you will cry with one another. It is a crazy ride, not meant for the faint of heart. With God as your guide, you guys are going to do great. As far the possibility of as a second child, that is in Gods control. When and if it is time, He will let you know or maybe He will surprise you, doesn't matter. Jesus tells us to not worry about future things, today has enough worry of it's own. Can I get an AMEN!!! So, my dear, sit back and enjoy the ride, it is a blast!! and like my dad used to tell me, "it keeps getting better". Love you guy's, Uncle Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment